- This event has passed.
Rise for Refuge – NYC Day of Action
August 3, 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Join the NYIC and their partners and allies us for a national day of action to protect asylum seekers and refugee resettlement. We are calling on Members of Congress to do everything in their power to end the administration’s attacks on asylum seekers and return refugee resettlement to historic norms. The administration has already decimated the U.S. asylum system and refugee resettlement program. Zeroing out refugee resettlement would amount to a full refugee ban, with grave long-term implications.
As people who care about refugees – abroad and at our doorstep – we must make our voices heard. Join us in demanding that Congress stop the administration from ending asylum and refugee resettlement!
We are demanding that Congress:
1) Save the Life-saving Refugee Resettlement Program
2) Stop the Asylum Ban and Protect Asylum Seekers
3) Keep Families Together and End Child & Family Detention
4) Cut Funding that Fuels Deportations, Detention, Border Militarization
5) Protect Refugee and Immigrant Families from Prolonged Separation
Further information: https://www.facebook.com/events/360958751244935/