« All Events
Queens United for Immigrant Rights: Candlelight Vigil
November 28, 2018 @ 5:20 pm - 7:30 pm
Our Statement of Principles for Immigration Policy
- Reunite all children with their families, especially infants, regardless of parental status. The government must use all possible resources to do this.
- Immediate end to incarceration of families and unaccompanied minors.
- The government must undo the damage done to families by making therapy available to children and parents, whether they are in the USA, their home countries, or elsewhere.
- All asylum applications will be fully considered, with the government paying for legal representation.
- The need to escape domestic and gang violence will always be considered a valid cause for granting asylum.
- A full congressional, national debate and discussion on how to establish a humane and wise immigration policy.